TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: My First SMS Spam

My First SMS Spam

Tony P. (kd1s.nospam@nospam.cox.nosapm.net)
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:59:15 -0400

I got an SMS message on my cell stating I'd won a trip to the Bahama's.

Needless to say this got my nasty, nefarious side active.

Contacted a friend at the AG's office and had him open up a call-out
port on their G3i. I then used the Centrex connection to patch in and
dialed the 800 number from the AG's switch.

When the woman answered the call I told her I didn't appreciate spam
on my cell phone when it was on my dime. She asks if I'd like to be
added to the do-not-call list and reads back my number and then
pauses. She asks if I'm calling from the AG's office to which I reply
that I was. Click.

Too much fun playing with telemarketing and spamming sleaze.

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Google Loses Name 'gmail' in Lawsuit Against Company"
Go to Previous message: Cellular-News: "MVNO Business and Partnering Strategies"
May be reply: Mark Atwood: "Re: My First SMS Spam"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: My First SMS Spam"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page