TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?

Re: Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:01:46 -0400

I just called it on my Voicepulse VOIP phone. The interesting
thing is that though I dialed 212 (NYC), I got a recording giving me
the local Asheville weather (I am thirty miles west of Asheville, NC).

Bizarre.

Fred

On 17 Oct 2005 16:43:59 -0000, John Levine <johnl@iecc.com> wrote:

> I just tried 212 976 1212 from my Lingo VoIP phone and I got a
> recording saying that I can't call that number using my choice of
> phone company, and if I want to call it I should either switch to
> Verizon or call a 900 number that they read twice at "only 99
> cents/min."

> R's,

> John

Go to Next message: Daniel AJ Sokolov: "Re: 14.4 Runs Faster Than 56k Modem. Why?"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Note to Drivers: Lose the Phone (and Lipstick)"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?"