TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Telephone Chat Line Software

Telephone Chat Line Software

danarz@gmail.com
16 Oct 2005 03:31:17 -0700

This is a silly question.

1. What kind of software/hardware is used for those
phone-chat/party-lines?

2. How would I go about setting up a server that can work as an online
answering service?

I posted these questions here since I am not sure which user group
would be appropriate for this kind of question.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You came to the right place ... there
is no such thing as a 'silly question', just a question that someone
needs an answer for. What you want for the first question is known as
a 'phone bridge'. It is specifically designed equipment used to
properly handle telephone conference calls. Someone who may be able to
give you more advice on these devices is a fellow who has been and and
off this group for many years. John Higdon may be able to tell you how
to build or buy such a device, and he may know something about your
second question as well. Sorry, I have not chatted with John in a few
years now, and do not have any valid email address for him. Last I
heard he was in the San Jose/San Francisco area. I am sure you could
Google and find him. Good luck with your search! PAT]