TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?

Re: Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?

George Mitchell (george@m5p.com)
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:41:36 -0700

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> There used to be a recorded weather forecast for New York at
> 212-976-1212. Westchester County had 914-976-1212.

Most of the northeast except Connecticut used 936 for the weather, not
976, as I remember (though my memory is not what it was). 976 first
came into use in the late 1970s for phone sex -- excuse me, value-added
information services.

-- George Mitchell

Go to Next message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?"
Go to Previous message: William Warren: "Re: 14.4 Runs Faster Than 56k Modem. Why?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Recorded Weather Forecast for New York City?"