TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: On Bluefrog

On Bluefrog

Chuck Wassall (woodchuk@c-zone.net)
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:03:08 -0700

You are quite right in your exceptions to Bluefrog, and have
reservations as I do. Let me explain. I live in a remote location that
can only receive a 28.8K input. While I understand broadband has
spread widely, most of the world still operates at that speed. When I
get a hundred spams, some of them over 50K, it takes 4 hours to
download and my email service has been rendered useless. I think it is
up to the individual ISP's to filter their services, rather than
choose to ignore the complaints of their customers as they do now.

Yahoo has blocked the Bluefrog site altogether from it's users. My
suspicion is that considering my ISP wants 5 bucks a month extra to
"automatically" block spam, they might not be so happy to see a
solution for free. I might add I get less than one a day now, so it
works and that to me is utterly amazing. David against the giant and
all that.

Cheers,

Chuck

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Least anyone forget, Blue is the
security service which has been rather successful to date in cutting
back the amount of spam sent to it. Blue Frog simply sends an email of
complaint to each spammer _one time_, in the name of each person who
received the spam. PAT]

Go to Next message: Steve Stone: "Re: On Television, Brands Go From Props to Stars"
Go to Previous message: AFP News Wire: "Visitors Risk Being Shot in Florida"
May be reply: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: On Bluefrog"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page