TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Help Needed with DHCP on Remote Laptop

Help Needed with DHCP on Remote Laptop

ptownson (ptownson@telecom-digest.org)
Sun, 02 Oct 2005 21:00:00 CDT

Help wanted: I have a laptop computer here running Win NT from 1997.
I have a NetGear Wireless card in a slot. It seems to be correctly
installed; that is, the drivers are there, the little green light on
the 'television icon' is present, it _says_ it has a very good link,
and should be working fine. But the laptop reports "The DHCP client
could not obtain an IP address". Furthermore, no one else on the
network can see the laptop. The laptop cannot connect to the internet
nor see anyone else on tne network either. Yet it claims the link
is present and very strong. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Why
is it unable to obtain an IP address via DHCP? Thanks for the help.

PAT

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "The Ad-Averse: Finicky and Opinionated"
Go to Previous message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Age Discrimination by Google; Old People Need Not Apply for Work"
May be reply: Dave Garland: "Re: Help Needed with DHCP on Remote Laptop"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: Help Needed with DHCP on Remote Laptop"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Help Needed with DHCP on Remote Laptop"
May be reply: Brad Houser: "Re: Help Needed with DHCP on Remote Laptop"
May be reply: Gary Breuckman: "Re: Help Needed with DHCP on Remote Laptop"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page