TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Free 411

Free 411

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 01 Oct 2005 19:43:30 -0700

New ad supported directory assistance. 1-800-FREE-411
(1-800-373-3411)

Before the number is given you have to listen to a ten second
advertisement. The service also has auto connect to the number given.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I tried it, it is a national service,
handled as much as possible by interactive voice recordings. But their
voice recognition software does not seem to be very good. After three
or four attempts to find out what I wanted "a radio station, KOSN in
Stillwater, OK" it gave up and transferred me to an operator. PAT]

Go to Next message: IMAFriend: "What is Area Code 113?"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Note to Drivers: Lose the Phone (and Lipstick)"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Free 411"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page