TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Change MAC Address Can Change IP Address of a Machine?

Re: Change MAC Address Can Change IP Address of a Machine?

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:51:54 -0000

<jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to change the MAC address of a machine?

Yes.

> IP address is assigned by ISP. My understanding is that IP address
> is based on the MAC address of a machine, is that correct concept?

Maybe. depends on the ISP.

> Please advise.

Don't mess with what you don't understand. :)

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: WEP Cracking Tools"
Go to Previous message: Jim Hatfield: "Re: Change MAC Address Can Change IP Address of a Machine?"
May be in reply to: jrefactors@hotmail.com: "Change MAC Address Can Change IP Address of a Machine?"