TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: BellSouth/AT&T New Orleans "Main" at Baronne & Poydras

Re: BellSouth/AT&T New Orleans "Main" at Baronne & Poydras

Paul Coxwell (paulcoxwell@tiscali.co.uk)
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:02:06 +0100

Isaiah Beard wrote:

>> I'm familiar with the old-style IDs such as "914-1" for White Plains
>> etc., but I've never been able to figure out how the current system
>> is supposed to work.

> It doesn't work, really, and is actually becoming less and less
> relevant as the network topology flattens. The New Orleans 4ESS is
> probably among the last of its breed, and I remember hearing that AT&T
> removed a lot fo them from service long ago as they shifted towards a
> decentralized network.

Many thanks for the explanations. As you might have guessed, I'm
still not fully conversant with the way the North American network was
structured even before the modern era, but I'm gradually piecing the
story together from various sources.

-Paul

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Record Labels Sue Baidu for Copyright Infringement"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page