TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?

A. Berger -- Onlynux (andresberger@gmail.com)
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:43:07 -0500

The best way to get rid of spam is always give an email alias to
everybody, this way all people will have a different email address and
when you want to stop the spammer simply delete the alias, also you
will know for sure who the spammer is.

When you go to newsgroups, never give any email with your domain, give
a gmail, hotmail or yahoo address.

To create aliases you need a web hosting, but it's worth the effort.

Regards,

Andres Berger Garcia
Director http://www.Telecom-Marketing.Info
Parque Leoncio Prado 285. Magdalena. Lima, Peru
Telefax: (511) 261-3760

<hancock4@nbs.cpcn.com> escribi en el mensaje

> Several years ago I signed up for the big PC Expo show in New York
> City. I included my real email address.

> Since then I have received many advertisements for subsequent
> technology shows and from various vendors. Early on I sent in a
> request to remove my name; that request was ignored.

> The promotors of PC Expo are not some "fly by night" basement outfit,
> they are supposedly a legitimate organization. But I am angry that
> they released my email (which was required) to outsiders and that I
> continue to get spam from them. The latest spam came from: ITD
> Holdings <dnina@itdholdings.com>

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks.

> [public replies please]

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "UPN Premiers "Everybody Hates Chris" on Google Video"
Go to Previous message: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Getting Rid of "Legal" Spam?"