TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Roaming Charges

Re: Roaming Charges

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:18:15 -0700

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:52:16 GMT, Ken Abrams <k_abrams@[REMOVETHIS]
sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> If this was 7 years ago, I'm guessing it was analog service; it
> certainly was not GSM. I'd be interested to see what happens on some
> of those calls today using GSM service.

Quite the contrary. GSM service was functional as early as January of
1996 for VoiceStream which is now T-Mobile. The first GSM network in
the USA was turned on in 1995. That's at least 10 years ago.

Go to Next message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: Important Medical Recall Announcement"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: VISA/Master Charge Class Action Lawsuit Settled"
May be in reply to: Kevin Lindow: "Roaming Charges"