TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Alternatives to LEC Voicemail

Re: Alternatives to LEC Voicemail

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:34:54 -0500

It was a dark and stormy night when ed.gehringer@gmail.com wrote:

> Or, I could use software like AnswerMyPhone or EZVoice. If I do so, I
> will need a voice modem in my computer. Am I correct in assuming that
> most modems that come with PCs are not voice modems?

These days, most internal modems are voice modems. Consumer-grade
computers often come with voicemail software. And if yours isn't a
voice modem, you can probably replace it for as little as US$20.

Of course, you will need to leave your computer running, and *possibly*
turn off powersaver sleep/suspend/hibernate functions (or fiddle with
BIOS settings to make sure the modem can wake up the computer).

Go to Next message: William Warren: "Re: Alternatives to LEC Voicemail"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Alternatives to LEC Voicemail"
May be in reply to: ed.gehringer@gmail.com: "Alternatives to LEC Voicemail"