TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Alternatives to LEC Voicemail

Re: Alternatives to LEC Voicemail

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:20:07 -0400

In article <telecom24.425.4@telecom-digest.org>, richgr@panix.com
says:

> In article <telecom24.424.5@telecom-digest.org>,
> <ed.gehringer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> My LEC has hiked their rates again for voicemail, bringing the total
>> to $10.50/mo. + tax. I'm fed up with paying 50% more for this service
>> than I did a few years ago. So I want to investigate alternatives.

> Why not a $10-20 answering machine? Many have remote accessing. The
> only thing it can't do is answer if you are on the phone, but thats
> what call waiting is for.

> Rich Greenberg Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
> Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67
> Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, husky Owner:Chinook-L
> Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue. www.panix.com/~richgr/ Asst Owner:Sibernet-L

There is one thing that voice mail can do that answering machines
can't. They can take a message while you're on a call.

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: Alternatives to LEC Voicemail"
Go to Previous message: Allen Newman: "Use of Bell Logo: Qwest? SBC?"
May be in reply to: ed.gehringer@gmail.com: "Alternatives to LEC Voicemail"