TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Flood Relief Efforts - Unfair Criticism

Re: Flood Relief Efforts - Unfair Criticism

Dale Neiburg (dneiburg@npr.org)
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:32:12 -0400

In v. 24, #407, Lisa Hancock wrote (apropos of New Orleans):

> I also note that some newspaper columnists pulled the race card,
> claiming more might have been done had New Orleans been a more
> affluent or Bush supporting area instead of poor and black. Yet other
> states get floods in very wealthy areas where million dollar homes are
> washed out. So much for that theory.

Well, yes, of course they do: hurricanes are equal-opportunity
disasters.

The point being made was that the *response* is quite different. Note
that, even in the case of Katrina, President Bush promised to see that
Trent Lott's house is rebuilt.

--Dale Neiburg

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "Re: Microsoft, Google Face Off in Court"
Go to Previous message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: Mark Cuccia From New Orleans is Safe"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page