TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: RIP, Sussex Cellular

Re: RIP, Sussex Cellular

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:51:20 -0700

On 29 Aug 2005 00:37:58 -0000, John Levine <johnl@iecc.com> wrote:

> Are there any other analog-only carriers in the US at all? I can't
> think of any. Even the little carriers in Alaska seem to be doing
> TDMA or CDMA.

If you go to http://www.wirelessadvisor.com and put in the ZIP code
for rural locations such as in Maine or New Hampshire you'll see 800
AMPS only providers listed. Curiously for many locations you'll also
see the company Nextwave at 1900 Mhz listed as well even though they
have no service!

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: History of Phone Billing"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: Is Verizon Wireless Sabotaging Older Cell Phones?"
May be in reply to: Stanley Cline: "RIP, Sussex Cellular"