TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Alltel/AT&T/Cingular in Oklahoma City Market Area

Re: Alltel/AT&T/Cingular in Oklahoma City Market Area

David Clayton (dcstar@myrealbox.com)
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:17:51 +1000

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:52:38 -0400, Wesrock wrote:

> A Cingular spokesman responded by saying that the company does not
> condone the practice.

> "We do not unlock phones, nor do we recommend that people get their
> phones unlocked," spokesman Frank Merriman said. "That's not something
> that we authorize or perform. If they circumvent the system it can cause
> problems. We make no guarantees about the performance of their phones."

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Of course Cingular would not 'condone'
> any practice which did not serve to rip off their customers even more
> than they have been already. So what else is old news? PAT]

That "performance" statement has to be the biggest crock I've seen in
quite a while, GSM is GSM is GSM, the whole concept of a standard is that
all equipment that complies with it will interoperate.

Can't someone stop fools like that who make obviously misleading
statements about "problems" and performance?

Regards,

David Clayton, e-mail: dcstar@XYZ.myrealbox.com
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
(Remove the "XYZ." to reply)

Knowledge is a measure of how many answers you have,
intelligence is a measure of how many questions you have.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Alltel/AT&T/Cingular in Oklahoma City Market Area"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Followup to the 419 story"
May be in reply to: Wesrock@aol.com: "Alltel/AT&T/Cingular in Oklahoma City Market Area"