TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: An Exciting Weekend With a Sneak Thief

Re: An Exciting Weekend With a Sneak Thief

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:09:37 GMT

DevilsPGD wrote:

> In message <telecom24.383.12@telecom-digest.org>
> bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

>> In article <telecom24.382.7@telecom-digest.org>, shlichter1@aol.com
>> <shlichter1@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Most banks don't even look at the signature, that is unless the check
>>> it presented in person at the issuers bank.

>> And they *don't* do any comparasion with the signature card that is
>> 'on file'. This has been the case for 20 years or more.

> Actually, this is starting to change thanks to computers -- No more
> signature card required, but they do sometimes check the signature
> against an online image of the signature.

> It certainly doesn't happen often, and probably only above a certain
> amount, but they do perform checks of cheques in some cases -- I know
> because I've had a cheque held while they called a bank officer over
> to approve a signature because the signature wasn't close enough for
> the rep to eyeball it and approve it.

They did that only in the case of you going to the issuing bank,
through the automatic system it would never have been done.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: Daniel Frank: "Spam With Commentary: Purchase of Your Phones"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Broadband Competition Must Surely be Working"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "An Exciting Weekend With a Sneak Thief"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page