TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: More on Verizon FioS Requirements

Re: More on Verizon FioS Requirements

Michael Quinn (quinnm@bah.com)
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:28:05 -0400

This FIOS thread reminds me of a guestion I had. Verizon non-technical
rep recently told me that we would have to upgrade our wireless router
from to 802.11B to G if we went from their DSL to FIOS. She could not
explain why; anyone know if that's really the case? I can't see
scrapping an entirely good router unnecessarily; I regularly see speeds
(according to my IBM laptop wireless monitor) of 11 MBPS, which of
course well exceeds my DSL capacity.

Regards,

Mike

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Broadband Competition Must Surely be Working"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: More on Verizon FioS Requirements"
May be in reply to: Lee Sweet: "More on Verizon FioS Requirements"