TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0

Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0

Flatus Ohlfahrt (flatus@militaryretired.us)
12 Aug 2005 23:21:35 GMT

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:38:29 GMT, Paul W. Schleck wrote in

> Pat,

> I recall that one, or both, of these free Microsoft tools
> has an option to return your copy of Internet Explorer to
> its original factory settings:

> Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer:

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.msp

> Microsoft Anti-Spyware (Beta)

> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/de
> fault.mspx

> The second tool installs itself as a startup utility, and
> runs periodically to check for spyware, so make sure that
> that's what you want. The current versions of both of
> these tools may also require that you do Microsoft's
> confirmation that you have a licensed copy of XP, so make
> sure that you're comfortable with that, also.

> I recall you mentioning using Spybot Search and Destroy, so
> I'll assume you have run the current version already (in
> Windows "Safe Mode" and from read-only media if you want to
> be absolutely sure).

> Paul W. Schleck
> pschleck@novia.net
> http://www.novia.net/~pschleck/
> Finger pschleck@novia.net for PGP Public Key

I think I would be inclined to try this one: Microsoft® Windows®
Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) Here's a pointer to it:
http://tinyurl.com/4hvpc

Your caveats still apply.

Flatus

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That 'malicious software removal tool
was quite helpful also. Thanks for the mention of it. PAT]

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0"
Go to Previous message: Bill Matern: "Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0"