TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Do I Find GSM Coverage in the US?

Re: How Do I Find GSM Coverage in the US?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:43:45 -0700

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:14:56 +1000, A User
<serge-newnew2715@mailblocks.com> wrote:

> Still would nice to have a database of US and other global locations
> with who services them and what technology.

It may not be official but if you go to
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/ they have interactive google maps
of areas with red balloons where towers are. Clicking on a balloon
will show you who it belongs to. From what I understand it won't show
everything except towers that are registered with the FCC. Also take
into account that it may not be listed as its present name e.g. it may
say something like VoiceStream I LLC instead of T-Mobile or it might
say Airtouch LLC instead of Verizon. Also mobile operators sometimes
"aggregate" with other operators on a single tower being run by
someone who owns the tower.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Hiroshima Marks 60th Anniversary of Atomic Bomb Attack"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: FCC Gives Blessing to Sprint, Nextel Marriage"
May be in reply to: A User: "How Do I Find GSM Coverage in the US?"