TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service

Re: Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
5 Aug 2005 00:05:06 -0000

Hmmn. How could I have made the part about why Internet based
conferences wouldn't work clearer? Some of these people are in
Africa, their Internet access barely exists, and their phone
connections aren't a whole lot better. The only way to get them on
the call is to call out to them, with a persistent operator who can
figure out how to retry around "all circuits busy" and the like.

> http://www.sipphone.com offers free conferencing for its users. On the
> sip network, you dial 1 747 222 1234 where 1234 is a random number you
> choose. Everyone who calls that number at that time is connected
> together. There are dial in numbers from PSTN at various points around
> the US, and perhaps the world, but it seems simplest to just hook a
> sip adapter between a phone and the internet, or to use a "soft-phone"
> (free ones listed on their home page).

Go to Next message: Angus TeleManagement Group: "Telecom Update #491, August 5, 2005"
Go to Previous message: davidesan@gmail.com: "Re: Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
May be in reply to: John R Levine: "Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service"