TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Opinion Telegrams and Mailgrams

Re: Opinion Telegrams and Mailgrams

Chris Farrar (cfarrar1307@rogers.com)
Thu, 04 Aug 2005 10:47:39 -0400

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote in response:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Does anyone remember when we used to
> have _two_ mail deliveries each day as a routine thing, and when
> postage cost only a few pennies at that? PAT]

Pat, I wouldn't complain too much about the US Postal Service. Take a
look at what the mail service is like in your neighbor to the north.

Canada Post doesn't deliver on Saturdays. If you buy a home in a new
subdivision, you will NEVER get mail delivery to your door. If you
build a house on a vacant lot, in between 2 houses that have mail
delivery, you still will NEVER have mail delivery. You will have to
go to a "super-mailbox", essentially a post office box somewhere
within a several block radius of your house.

Chris

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Yahoo Launches Web Audio Search Service"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Credit Reports, was Re: AT&T Customers Taken Over By Alltel"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page