TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Nextel False Advertising

Re: Nextel False Advertising

DevilsPGD (spamsucks@crazyhat.net)
Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:34:09 -0600

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If a cellular telephone company told
> you 'we have no roaming charges' would you take that to mean (1) we
> have arrangements with other carriers and do not charge you _extra money_
> for roaming, or would you take that statement to mean (2) we do not
> have any roaming at all? Since in the past, the subject of excessive
> charges for 'roaming' on another carrier's network has often times
> been an issue (since resolved by many carriers with 'national' plans
> such as the old AT&T), wouldn't you think that statement would be
> interpreted as (1) above? PAT]

Roaming doesn't always mean on another carrier's network, it can also
be roaming outside your local area, but on your carrier's network.

Also keep in mind that Nextel phones can roam on other carrier's
networks in Mexico and Canada, as well as on other iDEN networks.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Corrupted PC's Find New Home in the Dumpster"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Use of a Mysterious Cookie Irks Some Internet Users"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Nextel False Advertising"