TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Nextel False Advertising

Re: Nextel False Advertising

Robert Johnson (alohawolf@notchur.biz)
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 03:19:42 -0700

Nextel has No Roaming Charges as stated in all their ads "anywhere on
Nextel's Nationwide Network" Nextel is Based on iDEN and operates in the
800 mhz band, if there is no iDEN network, the phone is a hockypuck, its
worthless as a phone, so its not a lack of *some* coverage, its a lack
of *COMPATIBLE* Coverage, Nextel cannot roam on a GSM, TDMA, CDMA or
AMPS network, it must be iDEN, one of the drawback of Nextel is, it is
not rural as a rule, unless you're in the southeast.

Robert Johnson
(feel free to spool this out to the list, just obscure my email if ya
could)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If a cellular telephone company told
you 'we have no roaming charges' would you take that to mean (1) we
have arrangements with other carriers and do not charge you _extra money_
for roaming, or would you take that statement to mean (2) we do not
have any roaming at all? Since in the past, the subject of excessive
charges for 'roaming' on another carrier's network has often times
been an issue (since resolved by many carriers with 'national' plans
such as the old AT&T), wouldn't you think that statement would be
interpreted as (1) above? PAT]

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Nextel False Advertising"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: Nextel False Advertising"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Nextel False Advertising"