TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Bell Canada Cell Scam?

Bell Canada Cell Scam?

retrosorter (hrichler@sympatico.ca)
28 Jul 2005 16:26:07 -0700

I know many people who bought Bell cell phones in Canada and found out
months later that they were charged for browser costs of several
hundred dollars that they had inadvertently accessed that and they
didn't even know they possesses these features. Is this some sort of
scam? None of these people say they wanted any browswer features and
claim they were not informed by salespeople when they bought their
phones that the feature existed and could be inadvertently
accessed. Shouldn't Bell, or any cellular company, be obliged to tell
consumers that this could happen? I know it is detailed in the
documentation but for me this is not adequate consumer protection.

Any thoughts?

Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Regarding Local Government Offering Wireless ISP"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "Credit Reports, was: AT&T Customers Being Taken Over By AllTel"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Bell Canada Cell Scam?"
May be reply: retrosorter: "Re: Bell Canada Cell Scam?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page