TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Spammer, age 35, meets "Moscow Rules"

Re: Last Laugh! Spammer, age 35, meets "Moscow Rules"

Paul Coxwell (paulcoxwell@tiscali.co.uk)
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:05:57 +0100

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Does anyone remember the old parlor
>> game we used to play as kids? I think the name of the game was
>> 'Murder'

>"Clue", perhaps? As in: 'The butler did it, with the ice-pick, in the
>parlor.

"Clue" was sold in Britain by Waddington's under the name "Cluedo." I
used to have the game as a kid, and I think it's still available in
the stores.

The murdered owner was Dr. Black. The suspects were Colonel Mustard,
Rev. Green, Professor Plum, Mrs. White, Miss Scarlett, and Mrs.
Peacock. The potential murder weapons were a dagger, a candlestick, a
rope, a revolver, a length of lead piping, and a spanner (wrench). I
know there were nine locations, including -- at least in the British
version -- a library, a study, a billiard room, and conservatory.

- Paul.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Oh yes, that's the way I remember it
also. Dr. Black had quite an elegant mansion with a library, billiard
room and observatory. But the American version as I recall it had
a slew of servants working for Dr. Black, including Cook and Butler,
all of whom apparently disliked the good doctor enough to kill him
sometimes in the version we played here. But we also had Professor
Plum, Reverend Green and the other characters you named. PAT]

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Last Laugh! Spammer, age 35, meets "Moscow Rules""
Go to Previous message: panoptes@iquest.net: "Re: Last Laugh! Spammer, age 35, meets "Moscow Rules""
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Last Laugh! Spammer, age 35, meets "Moscow Rules""