TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Call My SIP Phone Over the Internet?

Re: Call My SIP Phone Over the Internet?

Dean M. (cjmebox-telecomdigest@yahoo.com)
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:48:42 GMT

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:01:40 -0700, timeOday
<timeOday-UNSPAM@theknack.net> wrote:

> At home I use Vonage for phone service, so my phone is attached to the
> Internet.

> Finally my question, can I get SIP on my laptop, and call home,
> bypassing the POTS (and for that matter, Vonage) entirely? (I realize
> I could do PC-to-PC calling to my home computer from my laptop, but it
> will never work unless my wife can just pick up the normal phone).

If you don't mind not using SIP and just need a way to make a call
from your laptop which will ring a phone, why not try
http://www.dualphone.net/ (or something like it) in combo with skype?
Alternatively just get "skype out" on your laptop and call your Vonage
line from that. Rates are pretty low.

-Dean

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Call My SIP Phone Over the Internet?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: TV Telephone History"
May be in reply to: timeOday: "Call My SIP Phone Over the Internet?"