TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Prepaid + Pay phones

Re: Prepaid + Pay phones

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:07:20 -0700

On 20 Jul 2005 08:30:26 -0700, Duh_OZ <ozzy.kopec@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a pre-paid (MCI) card that used to charge 2 units for a call
> made from a pay phone. At 6 cents/minute I didn't mind the 12 cent
> surcharge on the connection. Sometime this year? they jacked it up to
> 18 units so it is now a whopping $1.08 surcharge for a pay phone call.
> Is there a site that compares how much surcharge there is from
> different calling cards? I do not travel much and use the pay phones
> when in roaming territory for my cell phone.

Go to http://abtolls.com and look for CALLING CARD LONG DISTANCE PHONE
RATES.

It doesn't list every card, but you can see that most of them charge
between 30 and 65 cents per call.

Go to Next message: Jim Haynes: "Bell Telephone Music"
Go to Previous message: Jim Millick: "Re: Western Electric - Major Works - Status Today?"
May be in reply to: Duh_OZ: "Prepaid + Pay phones"