TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives

Re: Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives

Paul Vader (pv+usenet@pobox.com)
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:56:49 -0000

kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) writes:

> Indeed, the Apollo 11 camera was monochrome. I don't think it was
> until Apollo 14 that we got color images from the moon's surface in
> realtime. And the monochrome images from 11 were pretty awful due to
> limited channel bandwidth.

Right. We should have gotten color on Apollo 12, but Alan Bean fried
the camera when he accidentally pointed it at the sun moments into the
first moonwalk. As you note, all the color pictures from the first two
landings are from film cameras, which had to make the trip back to
earth with the astronauts before being seen.

* -- * PV something like badgers -- something like lizards -- and
something like corkscrews.

Go to Next message: Charles G Gray: "Poem - Skeletons in the Sky"
Go to Previous message: The Wondrous One: "Re: Nigeria Jails Woman in $242 Million Fraud"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Camelot on the Moon - From Our Archives"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page