TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You

Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You

John Smith (user@example.net)
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:03:47 GMT

Jim Rusling wrote:

> I would worry about the security of the wireless connection.

Well, I wouldn't worry about it. I would recognize the obvious
necessity of high-grade encryption for any and all financial
transactions, but I don't think "worrying" would be the right word to
use.

If you're determined to worry, consider this: In Paris, at least, you
have a substantially greater risk of having your card number
compromised by pickpockets than by packet sniffers.

Go to Next message: Julian Thomas: "Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"
Go to Previous message: Garrett Wollman: "Re: UN Panel Presents Four Internet Options"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"