TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Prepaid GSM With Roaming Allowed Available in the US?

Prepaid GSM With Roaming Allowed Available in the US?

Marc Haber (mh+usenetspam0339@zugschl.us)
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:20:20 +0200

Hi,

A friend of mine lives in the States, has two kids and bad credit
records. She wants (alone) to come visit Europe this fall, and wants
her kids to be able to call her in Europe by dialing a local US
number.

If the issue were the other way round, I'd come to the States with a
prepaid GSM SIM that has roaming enabled, and put that SIM into a
borrowed GSM phone over there.

She now tells me that prepaid GSM is almost a non-market in the US,
and that no prepaid GSM SIMs are available that allow international
roaming.

Is that true, or did she miss something? I'd appreciate any comments.

A GSM phone useable in the European GSM networks is available here, I
have a spare Nokia 6310. The issue is the prepaid SIM that allows a
phone located in Europe to be reachable with an American number.

Greetings,

--------------!! No courtesy copies, please !!----------
Marc Haber | " Questions are the | Mailadresse in Header
Mannheim, Germany | Beginning of Wisdom " |
http://www.zugschlus.de/

Go to Next message: poboxdc@ix.netcom.com: "Re: Can you Keep the Same Land-Line Phone-Number When You Move ?"
Go to Previous message: Andrew Chalk: "Meaning of ABCD bits in T-1"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Prepaid GSM With Roaming Allowed Available in the US?"
May be reply: LH: "Re: Prepaid GSM With Roaming Allowed Available in the US?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page