TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Well,Duh Re: Mixing Blogging With Work Can Lead to Unemployment

Re: Well,Duh Re: Mixing Blogging With Work Can Lead to Unemployment

bummer@iecc.com,
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:55:21 -0700

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:46:19 -0400, mc <mc_no_spam@uga.edu> wrote:

> Reading a little farther in the news story:

>> "The whole blogging thing was so new back then, I never expected
>> anyone to find it and read it," said Burch, who was fired in May
>> 2004. "I wrote in the blog to let off steam, not stir things up, but
>> they viewed my e-mail signature as some kind of open invitation to
>> read those comments."

> Huh? She put a link in her e-mail signature but didn't want people to
> view it as an "open invitation to read" things that were published on
> the Web?

> This is *exactly* like the "Don't tell my boss about my cocaine habit"
> type of postings we would occasionally see in the early days of
> newsgroups.

And yet, when a co-worker "outed" himself on the company e-mail
system, nobody raised an eyebrow ...

I suppose it's all right to proclaim your sexuality, as long as you
aren't criticizing the company!

sigh ...

Go to Next message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Sprint, Nextel Merger Approved by Shareholders"
Go to Previous message: Eric Bohlman: "Re: Last Laugh! Western Union's Comment About Useless Phones"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page