TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Blogs Powerful Tools in Supreme Court Fight

Re: Blogs Powerful Tools in Supreme Court Fight

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
11 Jul 2005 09:35:54 -0700

Donna Smith wrote:

> Political groups preparing to battle over the first U.S. Supreme Court
> nomination in 11 years have a powerful new tool -- Internet blogs --
> to spread information quickly and influence decision makers without
> relying on traditional media.

I question if blogs are really indeed such 'powerful tools'.

> Web logs likely numbering in the dozens provide a way for the
> thoughtful and the passionate to publish their views.

Anyone can publish anything. But that isn't the point. What counts
is who _reads_ those blogs. I really wonder if any _significant_
numbers of people actually read blogs.

I suspect blog readership is more "preaching to the choir", that is,
those reading them have already made up their minds one way or another
and already passionate about the issue.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well Lisa, I dunno. There are a large
number of netters who read blogs these days, via services like RSS
which we use here http://telecom-digest.org/rss.html . Blogs are sort
of like newspaper columnists, IMO. People read the ones they want and
skip the ones they do not want. Some are more trustworthy than others.
PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Non-Bell ESS?"
Go to Previous message: Iain Thomson: "Bell South Plans Number Changes in Florida"
May be in reply to: Donna Smith: "Blogs Powerful Tools in Supreme Court Fight"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page