TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Vonage and E911: Customer Service Response

Vonage and E911: Customer Service Response

RodneyG (rodneyg@carolina.rr.com)
27 Jun 2005 18:56:08 -0700

I wrote to Vonage Customer Service today (I am a customer) and told
them I found out that another VoIP provider (Time-Warner RoadRunner)
in my city (Charlotte, NC) could provide me with true E911. I asked
why Vonage could not. I further asked when I could expect true E911
from Vonage.

Below is the response, a direct quotation. I admit I haven't been
following all the twists and turns 100%, but isn't this reply a bit of
a stretch (or worse) from what we know? Or did I miss something?

Thanks,

rodney

---------- begin response from Vonage Customer Service ----------

Dear customer,

end of the summer.

I hope I have answered your question and thank you for contacting
customer care.

Sincerely,

Kristen

---------- end response from Vonage Customer Service ----------

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That was their entire response? I guess
technically, they are correct. FCC gave them all 90 days to comply, as
of mid-May. So mid-June (1), mid-July (2) and mid-August (3) gets us
to 90 days, around to approximatly the end of the summer. You'd think
that Kristen might have elaborated on it just a little; but who knows,
maybe the bosses told Kristen to avoid any conversations with
customers on the topic while they (the bosses) try to worm their way
into an extension of time, either formally or informally. Maybe they
told Kristen to be most careful about saying anything which could be
construed as a 'promise' or a 'commitment'. PAT]

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Foreign Listings Again"
Go to Previous message: essay182@gmail.com: "Softswitch Switch Type In LERG?"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: Vonage and E911: Customer Service Response"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page