TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Using Comcast to Host Web Site

Re: Using Comcast to Host Web Site

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:35:32 -0400

autogoor@yahoo.com wrote:

> I developed a web site and would like to host it with my own computer
> at home. I am thinking using Comcast Cable broadband as my ISP. Does
> Comcast allow web host? Anyone has experience? Anyone has any other ISP
> suggestions? I am in California.

> Thanks.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Did you ask Comcast about their rules
> on this? PAT]

Unless you spend about $250 for their business service with a static
address, then officially no, you can't. They can terminate your service
if they catch you at it -- it's in their TOS. No servers.

However, in reality, if the site is non-commercial and there is not
that much traffic to the site, you can probably get away with it.

Go to Next message: Bit Twister: "Re: Using Comcast to Host Web Site"
Go to Previous message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Using Comcast to Host Web Site"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page