TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Dial/Touch Tone Speeds (was Re: Bell Divestiture)

Re: Dial/Touch Tone Speeds (was Re: Bell Divestiture)

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:19:08 -0000

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote:

> Would anyone remember in what year dual-mode phones (keypad with a
> little switch to convert to pulse if necessary) came out in wide
> quantity? I think that was around the time they stopped using real
> ringer bells. My guess is the late 1980s.

Third-party manufacturers of phones for direct attach to the PSTN
offered it from nearly day one. That way you could have th 'fancy
looking' push-button phone _without_ having to pay the telco extra
every month for Touch-Tone(tm) service.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Hayes Smartmodems (was Re: Bell Divestiture)"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Dial/Touch Tone Speeds (was Re: Bell Divestiture)"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Dial/Touch Tone Speeds (was Re: Bell Divestiture)"