TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
21 Jun 2005 14:39:57 -0400

Fred Atkinson <fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

> I've accumulated so many devices on my home network (and some devices
> that are not network related as well) that power strips are an issue.
> Most of these devices have the big 'calculator charger' type of power
> supply that plugs directly into the AC outlet.

These are called "Wall Warts."

> I've been looking for some type of power strip that has eight or more
> outlets that are spaced far enough apart that you can plug all of
> these things into them without overlapping each other.

One thing you can do is run several devices off of one power supply,
if you have enough of them with the same voltage demands.

But I think what you want is "Dr. Ferd's Wart Remover."

--scott

Go to Next message: Dale Farmer: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Power Strips for Home Networks"