TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: '80' Country Code

Re: '80' Country Code

Colum Mylod (cmylod@despammed.com)
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:26:03 +0100

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:23:24 -0000, bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

> Can you *GUESS* what happens when you take an 8-digit local number,
> prefix it with the Helsinki city code ('0'), prefix that with country
> code 358, and show only the last 10 digits?

Helsinki changed its code from 0 to 9 when the access code changed the
other way -- 9 to 0. I think it's more likely that the OP is seeing a
national number with the international flag set en route, perhaps it's
a French or Spanish "derived"/"virtual" number or a bad presentation
number.

In many countries national calls are routed abroad and back to take
advantage of settlement rates. This can cause local numbers to be sent
with mixed flags and truncated lengths. But we can only guess unless
the OP can nab the caller the next time.

New anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com

Go to Next message: Gerard Bok: "Re: '80' Country Code"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: '80' Country Code"
May be in reply to: Geoff: "'80' Country Code"