TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is it Possible to Buy a Cell Phone With no Plan?

Re: Is it Possible to Buy a Cell Phone With no Plan?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
20 Jun 2005 10:45:06 -0700

FrankBooth wrote:

> I'm trying to buy a cell phone WITHOUT A PLAN. I am sending it to a
> relative in another country where they will activate it.

Cingular is presently advertising a plan that costs 10c per minute of
use plus $1/day of any use. I don't know what the phone will cost or
added fees. For very occassional users this might work out better
than a contract.

Note that some providers do offer cheaper plans (ie $20/month) but
don't push them and you must ask firmly about them.

Radio Shack had some phones for sale that came with a pay-as-you
go plan.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: '80' Country Code"
Go to Previous message: Bob Vaughan: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page