TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

Re: Power Strips for Home Networks

David B. Horvath, CCP (dhorvath@withheld_on_request)
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:39:50 -0400

PAT -- please remove email address, too much SPAM.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:49:42 PDT, Fred Atkinson
<fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

> I've accumulated so many devices on my home network (and some devices
> that are not network related as well) that power strips are an issue.
> Most of these devices have the big 'calculator charger' type of power
> supply that plugs directly into the AC outlet.

Yes, you are not the only one with this problem. My current solution
is multiple power strips plugged into multiple outlets. However, I've
also seen (sorry, can't remember where, try a web search) short
extension cords for use with wall-worts and power strips. The cords
get the blocks away from the strip so you can use all the available
power jacks.

- David

Go to Next message: John Hines: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
Go to Previous message: James Carlson: "Re: Power Strips for Home Networks"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Power Strips for Home Networks"