TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: ISP Hunting

Re: ISP Hunting

Fred Atkinson (fatkinson@mishmash.com)
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 04:37:24 PDT

> I'm going to be just outside of Chicago (Skokie, if you must know) for
> an unknown period of time and looking to find out what the cheapest
> way to get internet access would be.

> I have no need for anything other then basic connectivity, and the
> ability to establish HTTPS connections to a known IP and PPTP
> connections to another known IP (not even DNS is required) and I
> certainly will not need ISP provided email, webspace, or anything of
> the sort. I also absolutely refuse to install any crapware provided
> by an ISP.

> I'm eyeballing dialup access through ISP.COM which offers $8.95 - 56K
> Regular Dial-up -- any thoughts, good or bad? Can I do better?

> Any thoughts?

http://www.thelist.com is a composite list of worldwide Internet
Service Providers. It's broken down by area code, country, and U.S.
State.

http://broadband.thelist.com/all/areacode/847/ and
http://broadband.thelist.com/all/areacode/224/ would have information
about the Skokie area.

Good luck.

Fred

Go to Next message: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: ISP Hunting"
Go to Previous message: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: Email to Former AT&T Phones Now Cingular"
May be in reply to: DevilsPGD: "ISP Hunting"