TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: DSL Speed

DSL Speed

Choreboy (choreboyREMOVE@localnet.com)
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 01:35:35 -0400

A relative has a farm. His phone service comes in on 700 yards of
ordinary telephone cable buried along his driveway. Last week he got
Bellsouth DSL. It comes in on the same conductors as before, but I've
seen speeds fifty times faster than dialup.

I thought 56K was the fastest speed possible with conventional
telephone cable. How can DSL be so much faster with the same old
cable?

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Report: Google to Start New Payment System"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Minter: "Pod Slurping Dangerous to Your Company"
May be reply: John R. Levine: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: DSL Speed"
May be reply: Choreboy: "Re: DSL Speed"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page