TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Email to Former AT&T Phones Now Cingular

Re: Email to Former AT&T Phones Now Cingular

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:47:55 -0700

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:45:44 -0400, Isaiah Beard
<sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> Joseph wrote:

>> Also, what works for all North American mobile numbers is
>> 10digits@teleflip.com e.g. 3115552368@teleflip.com

> If you value your friendship or business relationship with the person
> you are messaging, then you would probably want to avoid teleflip.
> Neatly tucked into the recesses of their user agreement is a provision
> which permits them to "send messages through the service to any and
> all users" about "new or existing products or services to be offered
> by Teleflip." In other words, they receive the right SMSpam people.

Of course anyone can be paranoid that their number will be shared.
I've used the service and never have been spammed. If you are so
worried you probably shouldn't be sending text messages at all. Text
messages are hardly secure.

Go to Next message: PatETC: "Need Help on Wireless"
Go to Previous message: AES: "Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?"
May be in reply to: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Email to Former AT&T Phones Now Cingular"