TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:20:51 -0400

In article <telecom24.261.11@telecom-digest.org>, dannyb@panix.com
says:

> In <telecom24.260.17@telecom-digest.org> johnspilker@msn.com writes:

>> They are charging us a monthly fee that amounts to $8 a month with
>> taxes. I did send a registered letter to AT&T legal department and got
>> a simple form letter that told me to contact Qwest.

> [ snip of the usuals problems ]

> Once again, in most states sending off a letter to the public
> service//utilities commission (and it never hurts to add the AG) gets
> results for straightforward and (relatively low cost) matters like
> this.

> I personally did, in fact, do this with AT&T service here in
> NYC. About a week after I dropped my letter in the mail box I got back
> a standard form letter from the PSC in ALbany, NY, and a couple of
> days later I got a "we've fixed it" note from AT&T. Which they did.

> (Other people have reported to me similar effectiveness courrtesy of
> web-page writeups, but I prefer paper. This gives me my own hard copy
> to refer to).

It is absolutely effective. Whenever dealing with a telephone company
these days its almost standard procedure to cc everything to the PUC.

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
Go to Previous message: Rick M: "Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
May be in reply to: johnspilker@msn.com: "Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page