TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon

Pete Romfh (promfhTAKE@OUThal-pc.org.invalid)
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:53:40 -0500

Monty Solomon wrote:

> Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to
> Verizon Wireless Phones When New Messages Arrive

> Home and Business Customers in N.Y.C. and New England Can
> Receive TXT Alerts on Their Verizon Wireless Phones

> NEW YORK, June 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon home and
> business voice mailboxes now can alert customers on their
> Verizon Wireless phone that someone has left a message.

> Starting today, Verizon voice-messaging customers in New
> York City and New England can add a feature that sends a
> text message to any Verizon Wireless short text messaging-
> capable phone with an alert that a new voice message has
> been left on the customer's landline phone.

> http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=49739949

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What is supposed to make
> that so exceptional? Cingular Wireless has always had an
> icon on the display screen indicating voice message
> waiting, and I have always had my phone set to make three
> chirps when that icon is turned on. PAT]

The "New" feature is having the voicemail on your home phone send a
message to your cellphone saying a message has been left. Most
voicemail systems have had this feature for years. You could have it
call your cellphone or a pager. The SMS message is sort of a new
wrinkle on an existing service.

Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

Go to Next message: Justin Time: "Re: Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Microwave Fading 6 Gig"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Verizon's Voice Mailboxes Now Give 'Shout Out' to Verizon"