TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is There True Pay-as-You-Go Cellphone?

Re: Is There True Pay-as-You-Go Cellphone?

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 03:03:28 GMT

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:04:22 -0400, TELECOM Digest Editor noted in
response to Barry Margolin:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Another reasonable plan is Alltel,
> which I do not think has any expiry time on its prepaid minutes,
> although it is bit more expensive per call. PAT]

I have that. It is something like $.35/min. incoming and
outgoing. There is a nasty monthly charge if you don't use it at all
for a month, but nothing if you use even one minute. Since I use it
for alarms from a public radio station transmitter site, it is almost
perfect. The only catch is that there is no roaming. The local area is
quite large, so that is not often a problem.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Is There True Pay-as-You-Go Cellphone?"
Go to Previous message: jg@earthlink.net: "'Phone Tapping' Modem Traffic ?"
May be in reply to: Barry Margolin: "Is There True Pay-as-You-Go Cellphone?"