TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Valued Added Caller ID Spoofing

Re: Valued Added Caller ID Spoofing

jmeissen@aracnet.com
9 Jun 2005 06:06:37 GMT

In article <telecom24.257.7@telecom-digest.org>, T. Sean Weintz
<strap@hanh-ct.org> wrote:

> Not only that, but clearly the service is aimed at making harrassing
> calls. Making such calls is illegal, is it not? So here we have a
> business who's only line of service is set up to make illegal harrassing
> phone calls.

> I'd think they would be pretty easy to shut down under the RICO
> statutes. Could make a pretty good "criminal enterprise" argument. I
> doubt they'd be able to do much to protect anyone if their ISP access
> logs are all subpoenaed by some DA.

I doubt US law enforcement could do much. According to their website
they're located in Gothenburg, Sweden.

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Valued Added Caller ID Spoofing"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: MCI Now Charging Extra on Payphones When Using Phone Card!"
May be in reply to: T. Sean Weintz: "Valued Added Caller ID Spoofing"