TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Tim@Backhome.org
Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:11:19 -0700

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Is this a situation where AT&T is
> charging you some monthly fee for 'handling' your account? If not,
> and you are just billed for calls you actually make then it does
> not matter. Just ignore it; let them call you a 'customer' if they
> wish, since there are no calls being made via AT&T, the account
> will always have a zero balance. Now if AT&T is charging some sort
> of monthly fee, then a letter sent registered to the company should
> help. For example, one side of SBC _still_ persists in referring to
> me as a 'customer' while another part of the company is trying to
> win me back (with all sorts of outrageous deals these days, free
> service, etc). PAT]

The moral of the story: Don't do business with AT$T, either directly
or indirectly. What a sorry spectacle of a once great company.

Of course, the same can be said of a lot of banks and (ugh) credit
card companies.

Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Valued Added Caller ID Spoofing"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"
May be in reply to: johnspilker@msn.com: "Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage"