TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:28:05 -0000

Nathan Strom <nstrom@ananzi.co.za> wrote:

> TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to Steve Sobol
> <sjsobol@JustThe.net>:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In much of the midwest area now, Amoco
>> does business as 'The Standard Oil Division of Amoco Oil Company'. PAT]

> All the Amoco stations near me in CT have re-branded in the past couple
> years to BP.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I try not to think much about Chicago
> in recent years, but I think my brother told me that Amoco stations
> around Chicago are no longer 'Standard Oil Division of Amoco' but now
> are a sort of green color with the BP signs on them. I really do not
> know for sure. PAT]

The AMOCO label has been gone from the Chicago area for several years.
They're all BP now.

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Known Spam Sites"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"