TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Re: From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System

Nathan Strom (nstrom@ananzi.co.za)
6 Jun 2005 08:49:10 -0700

TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to Steve Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net>:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: In much of the midwest area now, Amoco
> does business as 'The Standard Oil Division of Amoco Oil Company'. PAT]

All the Amoco stations near me in CT have re-branded in the past couple years to BP.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I try not to think much about Chicago
in recent years, but I think my brother told me that Amoco stations
around Chicago are no longer 'Standard Oil Division of Amoco' but now
are a sort of green color with the BP signs on them. I really do not
know for sure. PAT]

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
Go to Previous message: Justin Time: "Re: Porting an 800 Number"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "From our Archives: History of Standard Oil and Bell System"